- 2 8-ounce Riverence Rainbow Trout fillets
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsps lemon zest
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- Kitchen twine, cut into 6-inch lengths
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions / directions
Recipe provided courtesy of Riverence
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse the rainbow trout fillets and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Line baking pan with parchment and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together almonds, lemon zest, lemon juice, chives, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add the beaten egg to the breadcrumb mixture and stir until well incorporated.
- Lay the first trout fillet skin side down onto the baking pan. Place your twine pieces underneath the fish, spacing them 1 1/2 inches apart, and leave them untied.
- Place the breading mixture over the trout fillet and place the remaining trout fillet on top of the breadcrumb mixture (skin side up).
- Secure the two trout together using kitchen twine.
- Brush olive oil on trout and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Slice into portions to serve.
This recipe is brought to you by Riverence
Riverence is located in Idaho’s Magic Valley where we responsibly raise rainbow trout and steelhead trout in land-based farms. Our fish are raised from our own high-pedigree eggs in clear Rocky Mountain spring water to ensure the highest quality best-tasting fish available.