BBQ whole sea bream with spiced quinoa salad
October 2, 2023
Recipes » BBQ whole sea bream with spiced quinoa salad
- 21 oz whole sea bream (also known as porgy) cleaned and gutted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/8 cups cooked red and white quinoa
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 5.5 oz cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions or green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
Instructions / DirectionsServes: 4
- Heat a griddle pan over stove until hot or heat a BBQ until hot – if using charcoal, wait until it has turned light grey.
- Using a sharp knife, make 2 slashes on either side of the bream and drizzle with a little of the oil. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Lay fish either onto the griddle pan, or onto the BBQ and cook on both sides for 10-12 minutes until the fish is lightly charred and cooked all the way through. The flesh will flake slightly when pressed gently.
- Meanwhile, place the quinoa, avocado, cherry tomatoes, 3 of the spring onions, the ground coriander and cumin, chili and half the cilantro, lime zest and juice into a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper and mix until combined.
- Divide between serving plates and serve the sea bream alongside, with the last of the spring onion, cilantro, lime zest and juice scattered over the top.