October 10, 2023
Recipes » Blackened Grouper
- ASC-certified Grouper fillet
- Salted butter
- Sour cream or plain whole milk yogurt
- Fresh lime juice
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Kosher salt
Instructions / Directions
- Make the avocado crema by adding the avocado to a high-speed blender or food processor with the sour cream or yogurt, lime juice, garlic, cilantro and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Clean and oil the grates.
- Using a paring knife, slice a few shallow slits in the grouper skin to prevent it from curling up when placed on the grill.
- Mix together the herbs and spices for the blackening seasoning. Pat the fish very dry with a paper towel. Generously coat the grouper with the seasoning, ensuring an even distribution.
- Reduce grill heat to medium high. Place the fillets on the grill. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until the fish flakes easily. A dark crust should form with the grill marks on the flesh side of the fillet. Do not overcook.
- Remove fish from heat, brush with butter, sprinkle with sea salt and serve with avocado crema and lime wedges.