- 4 tbsp of good olive oil
- 4 tbsp fresh julienned shallots
- 2 tbsp fresh julienned garlic
- 2 tsp chili pepper flakes for spice
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 oz mixed shellfish (we suggest clams, mussels and shrimp)
- 4 oz fish stock
- 6 oz white wine (dry such as Chablis, Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay)
- 8 oz Santa Monica Seafood Cioppino base (or cioppino base of your choice)
- 8 oz mixed white fish (we suggest a firm fish)
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 4 slices ciabatta or sourdough bread
Instructions / directions
Give your clams and mussels a quick rinse under cold water. Set aside to drain.
Heat a pot with olive oil. Add sliced fresh garlic, shallots, shellfish, salt and chili flakes. Sautee for about 3-4 minutes. Stir often, being careful not to burn the shallots and garlic.
Add white wine to the pot and allow this to reduce for a few minutes.
Add fish stock. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
Add cioppino base, fish, shrimp and calamari and cook until seafood is done.
Garnish with chopped parsley and basil. Serve with grilled ciabatta or sourdough bread and enjoy!Print
This recipe is brought to you by Santa Monica Seafood
Santa Monica Seafood was founded in 1939 with a mission to provide the highest quality and selection of seafood products at fair and reasonable prices, while recognizing the importance of conservation and maintenance of a healthy environment. This philosophy is achieved through ethical and sustainable sourcing, active involvement in improving fisheries and aquaculture, and educating customers and the public at large.