Cioppino made easy
November 24, 2021
- 4 tbsp of good olive oil
- 4 tbsp fresh julienned shallots
- 2 tbsp fresh julienned garlic
- 2 tsp chili pepper flakes for spice
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 oz mixed shellfish (we suggest clams, mussels and shrimp)
- 4 oz fish stock
- 6 oz white wine (dry such as Chablis, Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay)
- 8 oz Santa Monica Seafood Cioppino base (or cioppino base of your choice)
- 8 oz mixed white fish (we suggest a firm fish)
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 4 slices ciabatta or sourdough bread
Give your clams and mussels a quick rinse under cold water. Set aside to drain.
Heat a pot with olive oil. Add sliced fresh garlic, shallots, shellfish, salt and chili flakes. Sautee for about 3-4 minutes. Stir often, being careful not to burn the shallots and garlic.
Add white wine to the pot and allow this to reduce for a few minutes.
Add fish stock. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
Add cioppino base, fish, shrimp and calamari and cook until seafood is done.
Garnish with chopped parsley and basil. Serve with grilled ciabatta or sourdough bread and enjoy!