- 1 1⁄2 oz ASC-MSC certified dried seaweed – wakame recommended
- 6 1⁄4 oz rice noodles
- 4 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 5 1⁄2 oz oyster mushrooms, finely shredded
- 4 scallions, finely sliced
- 8 oz silken tofu – firm or smoked – cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 1⁄4 oz bean sprouts
- 2 carrots, skin peeled then peeled or mandolined into very thin slices
- 1 red chili, such as Thai chili or serrano pepper, seeded and sliced
Instructions / directions
If you’re feeling a little run down, this healing bowl of ramen is sure to be just the ticket. It’s packed full of nourishing mushrooms, nutritious seaweed and protein-filled tofu. Grab your favorite bowl and tuck in!
- Pour 4 cups water into a large saucepan, then add the dried seaweed and allow to soften for 10 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions then drain, rinse and drain and set aside.
- Bring the seaweed pan to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer. Add the miso paste, soy sauce and ginger and whisk to combine.
- Add the mushrooms and spring onions, and simmer for 2-3 minutes until just softened then stir in tofu and bean sprouts and heat for 1 minute.
- Divide the noodles between serving bowls and ladle the soup over. Scatter the chili on top and serve.