Shrimp skewers with grilled lettuce
October 3, 2023
Recipes » Shrimp skewers with grilled lettuce
- 2 peppers, seeded and cut into quarters, then in half widthwise
- 8 scallions, trimmed and cut into 2 in lengths
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomato paste
- Few drops Tabasco
- 12 oz. raw ASC-Certified jumbo king prawns
- 2 little gem lettuces, cut in half, romaine can also be used
- 1/4 cup ready made croutons
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Instructions / DirectionsServes: 4
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes, or set some metal skewers to one side.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot or heat a BBQ until the charcoal has turned grey.
- Tip the peppers and scallions into a bowl, add a little of the olive oil, salt and black pepper and toss to combine.
- Lay the veggies on the griddle pan/BBQ and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until charred and tender, but not cooked through
- Remove the veggies and place back into the bowl. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, the vinegar and parsley and toss to combine.
- Spoon the sour cream, sun dried tomato paste and Tabasco into a bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix together.
- Slide the shrimp onto the skewers, drizzle with a little more of the olive oil, salt and black pepper, then griddle on each side for 3-4 minutes until pink and cooked through. Use caution not to overcook (see our shrimp cooking tips here).
- Place the lettuce, cut side down, onto the griddle/BBQ for 1-2 minutes until charred.
- Divide the lettuce, roasted peppers and spring onions between serving plates. Drizzle the sour cream mixture over the charred lettuce. Crumble the croutons and scatter the dill and chives over the top.
- Lay the shrimp skewers and lemon wedges alongside.