- 4 Riverence Rainbow Trout fillets, thawed and patted dry
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan, divided
- 8 cups cooked fettuccine (1 lb. uncooked)
- Parsley for garnish, chopped
- Lemon for garnish, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions / directions
Recipe provided courtesy of Riverence
- Melt butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the trout skin side down and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn over and remove the skin.
- Push trout over to one side while it continues to cook and add the onions and garlic to the other side of the skillet. Sauté one minute.
- Break trout up into large pieces and reduce heat to low.
- Add half and half, salt and pepper and cook three minutes until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly, but do not boil.
- Gradually sprinkle Asiago cheese over trout, stirring constantly. Turn off heat.
- Add cooked pasta to trout and top with parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve each portion with a lemon wedge.
This recipe is brought to you by Riverence
Riverence is located in Idaho’s Magic Valley where we responsibly raise rainbow trout and steelhead trout in land-based farms. Our fish are raised from our own high-pedigree eggs in clear Rocky Mountain spring water to ensure the highest quality best-tasting fish available.