October 3, 2023
Recipes » Salmon Niçoise
- 4 1/2 oz ASC-certified salmon fillets, skinned and pin boned
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 springs soft thyme leaves, removed from stems
- 14 oz, about 1 and 3/4, baby new potatoes, halved if large
- 6 oz green beans or approximately 3/4 cup, trimmed and halved
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 quail eggs or 4 regular eggs, softboiled
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup mixed pitted olives
Instructions / DirectionsServes: 4
Super light and full of flavor this Salmon Niçoise is a modern twist on a French classic.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Lay the salmon onto a roasting tray. Drizzle with a little of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and scatter half the thyme over the top.
- Place in the oven to roast for 20 minutes until golden and cooked through. The fish will flake when pressed gently.
- Meanwhile, while fish is cooking, tip the potatoes into a large saucepan, cover with water and set over a high heat. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes until nearly tender.
- Add the green beans and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes until the beans and potatoes are tender.
- Peel shells from soft-boiled eggs once cool. Cut in half and set aside.
- Pour the remaining olive oil into a large bowl, add the mustard, lemon zest and juice and whisk until combined. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the cooked potatoes and green beans, red onion, tomatoes and olives and toss lightly to combine.
- Serve alongside the roasted salmon, with the last of the thyme leaves scattered over the top.