Seared grouper with Japanese vinaigrette
October 28, 2022
Recipes » Seared grouper with Japanese vinaigrette
- 4 4-6 oz Aqquua Grouper portions
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 4 tbsp Japanese shoyu (or soy sauce)
- 4 tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 6 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp green onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
Recipe created by Chef Keane Amdahl of Coastal Seafoods
- Combine ginger, shoyu or soy sauce, seasoned rice wine vinegar, green onion, sesame seeds, and 4 tablespoons vegetable oil to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Reserve until needed.
- Season grouper fillets with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Add the grouper portions skin side down and cook for 2-4 minutes depending on thickness. Fish should look about 2/3 of the way cooked. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and at an internal temp of around 145°F.
- Serve fish with rice, a side salad, or sautéed greens and spoon over the dressing.