Swai sweet potato and green bean curry
October 3, 2023
- 14 oz. ASC-certified Swai, skinned and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 4 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 long red chilies, 1 finely diced, 1 finely sliced
- 13.5fl oz. coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1lb 2oz sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 5 1/2 oz. fine green beans, cut into 1 1/4 inch lengths
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- Steamed rice, to serve
Instructions / DirectionsServes: 4
Swai is a white fish that has a flavor very similar to cod, but a slightly firmer texture, which makes it ideal for recipes like this one that need a little more time on the stove.
This delicious fragrant curry is super easy to make and very healthy – ticking off 3 of your 5 a day in one swoop. Give it a go for a family dinner midweek, or make a batch to freeze for easy lunches.
- Heat a large sauté pan until medium hot. Add the oil and onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until just softened.
- Stir in the Thai red curry paste and cook for another 2 minutes then add the chopped chili and coconut milk, fish and soy sauce.
- Bring to a simmer, then add the sweet potato, cover with a lid and simmer for 8 minutes until the sweet potato is just tender.
- Add the green beans and pangasius and stir carefully until combined. Return to a simmer, cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the lime zest and juice and half the coriander.
- Divide between serving bowls, top with the last of the coriander and sliced chili. Serve with the rice.