Sweet and spicy fried tilapia with peanut crunch
October 3, 2023
Recipes » Sweet and spicy fried tilapia with peanut crunch
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati rice
- 17.5 oz ASC-certified tilapia fillet
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 shallots
- 1 bunch spring onions or green onions
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 3 tbsp roast peanuts
- 10 broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1/4 Napa cabbage
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 pinch of ground tumeric
- 1 pinch of ground cumin
Instructions / DirectionsServes: 4
- Cook the rice in a saucepan in salted water according to the package instructions and leave until completely cooled.
- Wash the tilapia fillets, pat dry and cut into pieces. Peel and press the garlic cloves. Marinate the fish pieces in 1 tbsp soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, garlic and ginger for approx. 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Peel and finely chop the shallots. Wash and clean the spring or green onions, cut into fine rings and sauté with the shallots in peanut oil in a pan. Wash the vegetables. Peel and slice the carrots. Cut the sugar snap peas into fine strips. Chop the peanuts.
- Put the carrots, sugar snap peas and broccoli florets in a pan with 1 tbsp peanut oil. Stir in the curry paste and sauté for about 8 – 10 minutes over medium heat. Cut the Napa cabbage into fine strips and braise briefly at the end.
- Mix the peanut butter, turmeric and cumin into the vegetables and stir well. Add the rice and fry, stirring often, for about 5 minutes. Season with soy sauce.
- Fry the fish on all sides for approx. 3 minutes with the remaining peanut oil in a pan. Serve with the rice and sprinkle with the peanuts.