Whole Salmon Fillet Baked in Foil with Meyer Lemon and Pesto
October 4, 2022
Recipes » Whole Salmon Fillet Baked in Foil with Meyer Lemon and Pesto
- 1 whole skin on salmon fillet
- 1 Meyer lemon (or use a regular lemon)
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Heavy aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Cut lemon in half lengthwise and then cut each half into 1/8” half moons. You should have approximately 10 slices.
- Make a cut about 1/2” deep every 1/2” on the flesh side of the salmon filet.
- Place a slice of lemon in each cut.
- Lay out a large sheet of heavy foil onto a sheet pan.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons of olive oil over the center of the foil then sprinkle 2 teaspoons of salt over the olive oil.
- Lay the salmon fillet on top of the oil, skin side down.
- Sprinkle the remaining salt, pepper and olive oil over the top of the salmon.
- Spoon the pesto over the top of the salmon.
- Scatter the grape tomatoes over the top of the pesto and top with the bay leaves.
- Fold up the salmon in the foil making sure it’s well sealed.
- Place the sheet pan into a 400 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and registers 140° F.
- Remove from oven and let the salmon rest in the closed foil for 10 minutes.
- Open the foil and serve.