- A crusty French or sourdough baguette, thinly sliced
- Assorted crackers to suit your taste and tapas selection
- 2-3 varieties of cheese, such as Manchego, Iberico and a soft cheese of your choice
- 1-2 varieties of sliced, cured meat such as jamón serrano, prosciutto or dry aged salami
- Olives, fresh or canned, look for plump and meaty olives such as Castelvetrano or Manzanilla
- 1-2 ASC-certified Freshé gourmet salmon meal tins
- Optional: preserved foods or accompaniments of your choice, such as roasted red peppers, Marcona almonds, honey, chutneys and jams
- Optional: fresh fruit, such as grapes or herbs for garnish
Instructions / directions
Tapas, the popular appetizers and snacks of Spanish cuisine, are a sensational option for easy entertaining. Whether serving them on traditional small plates or charcuterie-style, these elevated finger foods will set the mood for your next party or fun family snack night.
Tinned seafood has topped the trends list and with good reason. These flavorful mini-meals are a nutritious and delicious way to pack in the protein. Plus, they add a picture-perfect touch when tucked into tapas boards.
Follow our tips to create a seafood-friendly tapas spread that not only looks and tastes good, but is good for you. ¡Salud!
- Select a large board or plate on which to arrange tapas items and several smaller containers for holding olives, nuts and condiments
- Slice hard cheeses in advance so they’re easy to grab. Selecting cheese with different flavors and textures adds variety to your tapas presentation and is guaranteed to please all palates
- Place cheeses around the board, including a spreader for any soft cheese
- Follow with the Freshé tins, opened, or tinned seafood of your choosing, alternating across the board
- Fill smaller containers with assorted condiments, nuts, etc. and snuggle them in between the tins and cheeses
- Save the bread, crackers and meats for last, filling in all empty space with layers of each
- An edible garnish, such as grapes or a sprig of rosemary, makes for a pretty finishing touch
Tapas provide the perfect opportunity to sample a variety of different foods, including certified seafood. There’s no wrong way to customize a tapas board, so go with what you know or get creative. The world is your oyster!
Tapas image provided courtesy of Freshé MealsPrint